5. US decline and collapse — The end of empire
One of the great lessons of history is that all empires eventually collapse. Exceptional though many believe it to be, the US empire will be no different and there are many signs that having achieved a couple of decades of apparently unchallenged global domination following the fall of the USSR in 1991, the Anglo-US empire has hit its peak and the way forward lies in its decline. Although empires at their peak can look formidable and unassailable, their collapse can happen quite quickly and while there may be a final military denouement, this often happens in the context of a pre-existing collapse from within. In the end, it is the accumulation of a series of political, social, economic and military collapses combined with the inability of a delusional self-focused elite to face reality that leads to an overall collapse of empire.
Continue reading “Australia and New Zealand — losing an empire, who will protect us now? Part 5. US decline and collapse” →
Quora is a strange place where people pose a variety of questions on all sorts of topics. Many of the questions are from a range of people, some genuinely asking questions to find answers and others trolling for angry responses or merely the bored who incite earnest replies from the more serious minded for a laugh. Quora must have me profiled as an atheist because I tend to get a lot of questions and answers in my feed related to religious questions. Many of these seem to be from the religiously minded who seem to pose leading questions that appear to be aimed at encouraging atheists to give up their ignorant ways and see the light – a sample of such questions from my Quora feed as I write this include the following gems:
- As an atheist, who will you turn to in your hour of need? Will you just accept your fate willingly without any additional source of hope?
- As an atheist, why is it hard to believe in a superior being?
- Why would an atheist suggest that more people should read the Bible?
- What is the psychology behind atheism? What motivates people to believe in atheism?
- Is atheism and agnostic the same thing or are they similar?
- As an atheist, what would it take to convince you of God? Think about your answer more before you just say “evidence”. What specific evidence could be only attributed to God that would convince you of God?
Continue reading “Thoughts on the nature of the god construct” →